Institute of Agarwood (IOA) is a non-profit organization with members dedicated to the promotion, study, research and development of the agarwood plantation and industry. The organization operates with the following objectives:
- To study and conduct researches on the culture of agarwood and to disseminate the results thereof for the public benefit.
- To promote conservation of agarwood trees, agarwood products and the global environment and to educate people of all walks of life about the culture of agarwood.
- To encourage and conduct development activities for agarwood plantation and marketing.
- To encourage the collaboration between companies or organizations that have immense knowledge in agarwood industry, exchange knowledge of its processing and technology.
- To research on and promote the proper use of agarwood incense and fragrance to inspire peace of mind and human harmony.
- To research on and promote agarwood scent therapy for the maintenance of strong mind and good health.
- To nurture the public's appreciation of agarwood, agarwood crafts, agarwood incense and agarwood fragrance and to encourage global agarwood cultural exchange.
- In furtherance of the objects of the Institute but not otherwise, to serve as an information centre in Hong Kong for agarwood culture.
Activities for members:
The institute will organize seminars, conferences, studies, research and information exchange programmes for members all over the world for the furtherance of the agarwood industry.
The Institute will periodically organize appraisal programmes, trade and exchange sessions, and will assist members in the acquisition and disposal of agarwood collections.
The institute will publish and disseminate information regarding agarwood.
The institute will work with various governmental organizations for the furtherance of its objectives.
About our members:
All members are bound by a code of ethics that prohibits any involvement in unethical practices and involvement of illegal activities related to agarwood, including but not limited to the production, distribution and promotion of fake agarwood.